Monday, April 17, 2006

Doesn't quite jibe

You are usewess Awec Bawwin..

Back at work after a 3-day weekend and again, as just about always, I can't really remember what I did the whole time.

Saturday we spend the whole day helping to move Matt and Jess to their new house, which is about 6 blocks from the house we will be moving into. They had a frigging nightmare with the movers, so much so that we decided that we will just handle our furniture on our own thank you very much. But overall the day was really fun, although there was plenty of work to be done.

John and I hung with Matt and Jess into the evening and had dinner, then enough wine to have to spend the night on their pull-out couch. Like idiots we left the windows open all night in the living room. I woke up at 4 a.m. and realized I was using the baby blanket Jess had given me (it was warm when we went to sleep), my sweater, and various cushions to prevent myself from freezing to death, and that this behavior was very similar to that of a homeless person and I indeed have a home and clothing, etc. Everything was still all packed up, so I wandered out into the garage and started poking around the boxes for one that might say "big, frigging warm blanket," but the closest I got was a Christmas tablecloth, which I decided would do just fine. Fortunately on my way back to the family room, I just happened to walk by a box with a giant comforter in it, and I nearly wet my pants I was so happy. John and I re-entered the civilized world.

Oh, I didn't even talk about the Seder. It was rad. For some reason that's all I want to say about it right now, but I guess I'll stop being lazy and describe it.

Ahhh, not really. 12 people total (I think). A really nice family, plus the rabbi and his parents and his son, and a couple he knows, and my co-worker. Very good food (matzo and haroset! ohhhh yeah!), and great conversation. It was a real honor to be there.

The rabbi's lady friend, Janis, made an awesome vegetarian matzo lasagne for me, and she was not even there. She made it the night before. I have never even met her. It was so nice of her to do that, especially since she had to get on a plane at 6 the next morning. Great lady. Hope I get to meet her (I just typed "meat her." ha.) some day.

It sure feels like nap time right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home