Monday, March 06, 2006

Clean and Free(lance)

Bladdy Bloodie Blah Blah.

My brain is turning to mush from being in the office alone all day, but I have to say I sort of enjoyed the peace. Of course when the phone rings once, it will ring again and again while I'm on the first call, but whatever. I'm not going to stress over it.

Now that John and I are on Project Clean, I actually look forward to going home. I know I have some dishes waiting to be done, but aside from that the place is so relaxing and clean. If only I could find a way to completely eliminate dust and cat hair without vacuuming the entire time I'm home. Tonight I think we're both going to the gym, and then just lounging.

I found some freelance writing jobs online today, some of which can be done from home. I think it will be good for a number of reasons for me to do some of that, not the least of which is that I could bring in some extra money to put into savings. I'm pretty happy with what I have been saving for the last 6 months, in fact I'll be able to take advantage of the Roth IRA this year for the first time, but of course it would be great to save more. I think I am going to need a new car in the next 24 months or so, and I would love to not have to pay it off in installments. Now that I am out of debt, I can't really deal with the idea of being in it again. If I could manage to save a few thousand dollars (a few, as in like 10 outside of my usual), I could just buy a car with cash. John's talking about the leasing option, but the bottom line is I just don't want to be paying two or three hundred dollars a month for something that is either depreciating in value, or that I don't even own.

So if I can do some freelance writing or proofreading, that would be THE awesome. I think it would also convince me that I don't always need to be tied to a regular job to make money and be challenged. If I get a good freelance thing going, down the road that could come in really handy. Man, you should see the "opportunities" out there though. I saw one for a "writer's assistant." It included travel throughout Europe, with time for shopping, taking dictation, typing, editing, oh and just the occasional massage on demand. Females only. Submit your resume and PHOTO here. Gross. Thank goodness those were far outnumbered by some pretty cool leads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home